Pages

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

from 129 to 136.

What does this say?
Alex needs a better diet.
(Or to forget to eat.)
Alex needs to exercise
(for hours).
Alex just needs to learn that she will never win.
One day, she'll not eat, be perfectly happy until she realizes that this is considered a disorder.
Then she decides "Oh, I have to get better".
Then she gains weight.
And panickks because she's weak.
Then she wants to lose it.
So, Alex starts eating a lot better.
Then she starts eating less.
And, in the week, she's down to 500 calories.
All because she thought "getting better" was something she could keep up.
All because she isn't really better.
Recovery is possible.
Am I ready, though?
The more I try to get better, and become what I thought was comfortable, the more I think I'm doing this to prove to those of you out there who want to get better that it's possible to do. The more it feels normal to eat more, the more it seems wrong. The more summer passes, the more I feel like days are wasted because I'm not losing weight. I feel...trapped into getting better just to help those who think they can't. See, I'm young, I'm dumb, and worst of all, I want to be losing weight like this. I feel part of this community, but only barely and I don't like it. I want to be a bitch because I haven't had more than 200 calories for seven days. I want to... learn to fall (because my "recovery" was learning to fly) and I want to fall down, down, down. I want to scream piercingly as I fall, with laughter thrown it.
Worst of all, I looking for someone to say "Go Ahead".

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to tell you to "go ahead", because I don't want to be responsible in any way for you starving yourself, but I think the most important thing is that you are happy. Who is to say that starving is wrong? On the other hand, why would you choose to damage your body instead of being healthy? Maybe you could find a medium if youre not happy recovering or not ready to yet? It's no good getting better for other people, I think you need to do it for you. What ever you choose to do, you have my full support :)
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete